ACTIVITY TITLE: Female Infertility
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Release Date: April 12, 2016
Expiration Date: April 12, 2022
Estimated Time to Complete Activity: 60 minutes
NEEDS ASSESSMENT and IDENTIFICATION OF PRACTICE GAP:
The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology has developed guidelines for learning for the subspecialty of reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI). These guidelines specify that training in this subspecialty should include training concerning female infertility. This internet activity is designed to provide such training to reproductive endocrinology and infertility fellows as well as other practitioners of reproductive medicine. The activity will consist of a didactic presentation.
At the conclusion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- State their understanding of basic infertility facts.
- Direct an appropriate evaluation of the infertile female.
- Identify infertility testing that is no longer indicated.
- Counsel infertility patients about lifestyle issues.
- Utilize evidence-based information to make therapeutic decisions for infertility patients.
Postgraduate REI fellows, reproductive medicine specialists.
SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
Successful completion of this educational activity requires the learner to:
· View a course overview page, containing all CME and disclosure information, including acknowledgement of commercial support and disclosure of unlabeled use, prior to the start
of each module.
· View the grand rounds presentation.
· Successfully complete a case-based test question after the presentation.
· Complete the evaluation survey.
· Print certificate of completion.
DISCLOSURES FOR PLANNERS AND PRESENTERS
Content Development and Review
STATEMENT OF SUPPORT
No commercial support has been provided for this activity.