ACTIVITY TITLE: Treatment of Unexplained Infertility: What is the Evidence?
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
The American Society for Reproductive Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Release Date: October 4, 2019
Expiration Date: October 4, 2022
Estimated Time to Complete Activity: 60 minutes
NEEDS ASSESSMENT and IDENTIFICATION OF PRACTICE GAP:
The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology has developed guidelines for learning for the subspecialty of reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI). These guidelines specify that training in this subspecialty should include training in the treatment of unexplained infertility. This live internet activity is designed to provide such training to reproductive endocrinology and infertility fellows as well as other practitioners of reproductive medicine. The presentation is designed to provide an overview of the unexplained infertility in females < 40 years of age and describe a treatment paradigm that is supported by the literature. The activity will consist of a didactic presentation followed by a question and answer session.
At the conclusion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- List the most important factors to be considered.
- Describe key studies that provide evidence for and against the use of specific treatments.
- Review which of the following treatments has evidence available to support it use- IUI alone, clomiphene (or aromatase inhibitors) alone, FSH alone, clomiphene/IUI, FSH/IUI and IVF.
- Describe a treatment paradigm that is supported by the literature.
Postgraduate REI fellows, reproductive medicine specialists.
SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
Successful completion of this educational activity requires the learner to:
· View a course overview page, containing all CME and disclosure information, including acknowledgement of commercial support and disclosure of unlabeled use, prior to the start
of each module.
· View the grand rounds presentation. A link to the grand rounds will be provided in the eLearn activity.
· Successfully complete a case-based test question after the presentation.
· Complete the evaluation survey.
· Print certificate of completion.
DISCLOSURES FOR PLANNERS AND PRESENTERS
William W. Hurd, M.D., MPH: Nothing to Disclose
Bradley S. Hurst, M.D.: Nothing to Disclose
Jeffrey Hayes, Ph.D.: Nothing to Disclose
Kimberly B. Kretzer, M.S.N.: Nothing to Disclose
Content Development and Review
Richard Reindollar, M.D.: Nothing to Disclose
STATEMENT OF SUPPORT
No commercial support has been provided for this activity.